Wednesday, March 22, 2017

paper plate flower wreath

If you are a long time reader, you will know that I love making wreaths and using them around the house year round. With the start of spring, I wanted to come up with a bright white floral wreath that I could use as a fun accent in our home. 

I used paper plates to create a variety of whimsical flowers for my wreath. The great thing about paper plates is that you can fold, bend and mold them and they are thick enough to hold their shape.

I wanted flowers in all kinds of different shapes so I started by cutting the edges of the paper plates. These edges are the petals of the flowers.

I used 4 paper plates each cut smaller and smaller.

Next, I used the end of a paint brush to lightly roll the petals to give them a little dimension.

I rolled all the edges of each paper plate and then using hot glue, I glued and stacked them on top of each other.

To create the middle of my flower, I used the outside strip of the paper plate. I made small cuts into the strip.

Next, I rolled and glued the strip.


Then I glued this piece to the center of the flower.

I repeated this process to create different flowers in a variety of shapes and sizes.



Using a large embroidery hoop, I glued all of those paper flowers to the hoop. 

The result is a whimsical paper wreath perfect for celebrating the beginning of spring!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails