Tuesday, July 27, 2010

grilled sweet and savory peaches

IMG_1899
I am a sucker for ANYTHING that is sweet and salty so when I saw this recipe I couldn't resist trying it out and putting my own twist on the sweet and savory treat. It is simple, colorful, easy and a SUPER delicious summer treat!


IMG_1887

IMG_1871

Ingredients:

thin slices of pancetta
or if you cannot find sliced pancetta easily (like me), prosciutto will work just fine
Peaches or nectarines- cut into wedges
Salt and pepper
Basil leaves
Olive oil
Balsamic Vinegar

IMG_1868
Start by cutting the peaches into wedges.


IMG_1873
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.


p
Wrap each wedge with a basil leaf and a strip of prosciutto.


IMG_1878
Once your peaches are all wrapped up, it is time to cook.


IMG_1881
The recipe calls for cooking them in a skillet. I decided to use a grill.
Either way will work just fine :)


IMG_1879
Grill (or cook all peaches) about 2- 4 minutes on each side OR until the prosciutto is crispy.


IMG_1889
Transfer to a plate


IMG_1890
and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
Serve as an appetizer or add to a salad!


IMG_1891
I decided to add the peaches to an arugula salad that I topped with blue cheese crumbles and toasted walnuts.


IMG_1898
Devour immediately! The peaches are best served a little warm!


IMG_1905
OH YUMMM!!!!!

18 comments:

PixieSam said...

Wow! This looks absolutely delicious, I am definitely going to try this.

Saraccino said...

Ok, I am hungry now ^^

OrangeFarmhouse said...

yumm indeed (I think), so guess what I'm eating tomorrow...

c'est Moi! Heather from whimsy dot blog said...

oh my this does look delish. when's lunch? cheers!

superh2ogirl said...

Looks absolutely amazingingly yummy! I wish this had smell-o-vision or something! I can't wait to try it! Thanks!

-Nicole
www.craftmysoul.blogspot.com

Mia said...

Wow! Sounds and looks absolutely yummy!!! Have to try it myself soon!!!

Mia

heather noye said...

omg! this looks like it would be fabulous over a salad!!! i think i'll make it later this week. thanks :)

Haley said...

Looks so yummy! I'm gonna give that a go! But I love your homemade french fries from a while ago more, they're definately on my to-cook list first! =D

Janet Ghio said...

That looks so delicious!!

Bee said...

You come up with the most amazing recipes!! I haven't tried this yet, but I imagine that it is as delicious as it is beautiful!

life without novacaine said...

Arugala, goat cheese and walnuts are my favorite salad and now thanks to YOU, I have a new topping for them! Looks delicious!

Jaimie said...

Yum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K said...

That look delicious!!

Kelley Hart said...

Excuse me while I grab a towel to wipe up my puddle of drool. yum.

Wendy said...

Mmmm, thanks for this! I have a box of fresh peaches... just need to get some prosciutto and basil. Yummy!

Anneliese said...

That looks so gorgeous and yummy! I have to give it a shot. Perfect for our grilling weather.

Marisa said...

They look so juicy! YUM.

frames for beds said...

I can't wait to try this. It really looks so delicious. I can feel the crunch and the flavor!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails