Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Updates from the Studio

You will have to excuse my absence online the last couple of days- I have been playing MAJOR catch up and am happy to say that after a few 15 hour days in the studio I am finally on top of everything (for a while). Lots going on here- lots of great opportunities that have been developing and then a handful of dead ends (rejections) that have sort of sent me in a bit of spin lately. You would think after years of art class critiques in high school and college and then just tons of rejection working as an artist for years, I would get used to it but it is still just as hard to deal with and usually causes me to question EVERYTHING. But thankfully I have a great husband who brings me to my senses and lots of work to keep me distracted- I am so enjoying some new ideas, new work and new possibilities I have been focussing on!


In other news-

If you are quilter please check out the newest publication from Quilting Arts- International Quilt Festival: Quilt Scene! It is FABULOUS and full of lot of inspiration (and a little cuff project from your truly). I am in love quilters the best and this magazine totally embodies the amazing vibe of the quilting community!




I have added yet another stamp set to my shop and in my next post will be a fun tutorial making use of these new fall leaves stamps!




My latest online class Adventurous Accessories start this week (this week is an intro to defining your style and the design process) and there is always room to join! If you are looking for some super unique projects on a budget this the the class for you!



1 comment:

Kathleen Kibblehouse said...

Well, I believe everything happens for a reason. There is a lot of stuff that IS working for you right now, so maybe the rejections are helping to keep the focus where it needs to be right now. If all you ever got was "yes" it would be hell. Right? Every time you pull a "no" out of the basket, it puts you closer to the "yes" that's in there waiting... Deep breaths.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails