Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Bye Bye 2008

I have jumped into the new year head first- YIKES! I have been working on a few different projects with a fast turn around that I have to keep under my hat but will hopefully get to share sometime soon! They have been keeping me busy, busy busy! But it was so wonderful to have time in Oregon (where I do my best thinking) to relax and reflect on this last year and the many wonderful opportunities, goals met and lessons learned. I cannot believe the amount of stuff that I actually pulled off in 2008 and made it through- finishing my book and making my way through the ups and downs of it all, teaching and traveling (while working my full time job), transitioning from four years of living and working with college students (and living rent free) to purchasing our first home (in Southern California at that!!) remodeling our new home, getting a new day job, and the list goes on and on. I’m not gonna lie I am kinda glad to have 2008 behind me- I have named it "the year of transition" and conquering it has given me lots of hope for 2009. 

So with a new year I have a number of new things going on (and this is just a preview!!)

Check out my latest article in the Jan/Feb issues of Cloth Paper Scissors on making handbags out of recycled materials- yep my love of trash is coming in handy! If you are looking for a project that will cost you close to NOTHING to make- you will love it!

I will be at CHA at the end of January promoting my book and doing a demo (with some REALLY fun make and takes) at the F&W booth!  Would love all of you to stop by on  Monday, January 26th at 1pm to show support!!!! (and if there are any fellow artists or authors out there who will also be attending- I would love to connect- 
community= inspiration!!)

I will traveling to Cleveland in Feb to film a segment for Quilting Arts T.V. and also filming for an instructional DVD- SUPER EXCITED!!

Enroll between January 1 and January 30, 2009 save $125.00!
The rumor is that airfare to Europe is coming down in 2009 and this might be the time plan a trip!! I would love to share a week full of inspiration, creativity and making a mess in Italy!! Inspired by my book Canvas Remix I will be teaching kinds of SUPER fun techniques and one of a kind projects!  

I will be teaching at Art Unraveled in August 2009 classes will be posted in January and registration starts in February!

I am excited to announce that I will be teaching at ArtFiberFest in June 2009 and this time it will be held in my good ol' hometown of Portland, Oregon on the campus of Reed college- SO EXCITING!!!  Not only will it be AMAZING to participate in this amazing retreat but also have the opportunity to travel home to Oregon. Classes will be posted in Feb so check the website for more info!

Looks like I will be having a trunk show here in Southern California with my purses and as soon as I have more info...I will share!

Lots more to come so stay tuned!!


3 comments:

Linda Woods said...

I think I will be at CHA! I hope we get to meet, finally. I keep meaning to email you but time has not been my friend. I will check out CPS for your article. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

ahem - Australian classes please!! :p

I ordered my copy of CPS today so I will be reading it very soon and cant wait to see your contribution as always!!

Here's to an AWESOME 2009!

Ruth Rae said...

Congrats on the DVD and the tv show! you will have a blast doing it everyone is so nice there!

I hope your creativity has returned... sometimes we just need a break! New year! New start!

your trip to see you family looks like it was amazing the photos are so great!

I love the black and white stuff you did!

I finished my fabric book on Thursday! you know just how happy I am about that!

I can not wait to see you at CHA!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails